Marketing for Not-for-Profit Organisations
Marketing for Not-for-Profits and Charities
RMD Consulting are specialists in marketing for not-for-profits and charities.
- Is your marketing lacking impact?
- Are you marketing at all?
- Do you have an up to date marketing plan?
- Are you sure what your priorities are in marketing?
Often the biggest issue is the lack of ‘how do we do this?’ and ‘why is our plan not working?’. Lack of connection with your target audience to how you are connecting (or not) with them is often the fault. We can reformulate your marketing plan or even write one for you if you don’t have one.
The key strategy in marketing today is ‘engagement’. Do you know if your donors feel really engaged with what you are doing? Some donors are quite passive, but most these days want to really feel part of what they are donating to. Often a newsletter just doesn’t cut it as once it used to – they don’t have time to read it or the copy seems, well just like that of any other non-profit organisations. It doesn’t engage them any more. Within any marketing plan an effective communications plan has to be core. If you don’t engage, funding will start to tail off. If you don’t engage new donors you won’t grow.
In any marketing plan our focus will be creating effective engagement strategies to help retain and acquire new donors – be they public or corporate. Engagement also needs to focus on what your actual mission and vision is.
- Is this really still clear in terms of how you market yourself?
- Have you actually asked your donors or potential donors?
- Are the people you employ clear in the mission and vision and is it still relevant for this decade and beyond?
Some back to basics may be needed as a clear and defined purpose is central to any organisation.